7 Janaury:God's Protection and God's Blessings
Thanksgiving to God
• Throughout 2020 and all the years before that, The Lord has protected us and blessed us with things that we asked of Him and more.
• The word of God says, “Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. (Psalm 100:4)
• Thank God for 2020
• Your health - protection from sickness, Covid-19 and all other illnesses
• Your job – you were able to keep your job or find a new one.
• The provisions from your job – being able to save and achieve much with it.
• Protection from Accidents on the road and at the workplace.
Job 1:6-12 NIV - 6 One day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan[b] also came with them. 7 The Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”
Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”
8 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.”
9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”
12 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man, himself do not lay a finger.”
Then Satan went out from the presence of the Lord.
How to Stay Under God’s Protection
1. Get to Know God
• Matthew 6:33 NIV - 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
• Philippians 3:10 NIV - 10 I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,
2. Have Personal relationship with God
• We need to admit we are sinners
• In faith receive Jesus Christ as Saviour.
• God, our heavenly Father, has always desired to be close to us, to have a relationship with us. Before Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden (Genesis chapter 3), both he and Eve knew God on an intimate, personal level.
• Luke 10:27 NIV - 27 He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’[a]; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]”
• God help me to know you.
• Reveal to me the things I need to change about my life
• Help me to have fellowship with you all the time and have a personal relationship with you.
• Help me to prioritise the things of the spirit
3. Fear God
• Have a thorough knowledge of who God is in your life.
• Proverbs 9:10 NIV - 10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
• James 1:5 NIV - 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.
4. Obey God
• Obedience is better than sacrifice
• In secular world there is an analogy that says, “prevention is better than cure”.
• It is better not to steal in the first place than to do it just because you have capacity to pay the fine.
• God forgives us our sins over and over again, but we must not continue to sin. We must repent and obey God’s ways all the time.
• 1 Samuel 15:22 NIV - 22 But Samuel replied: “Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.”
• God Help me to know my place in your kingdom and to fear you.
• Give the wisdom to know the areas of my life that I need to work on.
• Help me Lord to obey your ways every time
How to tap into God’s Blessing
• Prayer is a powerful tool for communicating with our Heavenly Father.
• It is an opportunity to become one with the Creator and Giver of all things.
• Matthew 21:22 ESV – “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”
• Breakthrough happens when we say that we are going to trust that God is going to supernaturally do what is impossible.
• Hebrews 11:6 NIV - 6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
3. Pursue the Fruit of the Spirit
• Galatians 5:22-23 NIV - 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
4. Be Motivated by Love
• Without Love, power can lead to pride, and self-inflation. Love is the greatest manifestation of God’s power.
• John 3:16 NIV - 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
5. Surrender Yourself to God
• Jeremiah 18:1-6 NIV - 18 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: 2 “Go down to the potter’s house, and there I will give you my message.” 3 So I went down to the potter’s house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him. 5 Then the word of the Lord came to me. 6 He said, “Can I not do with you, Israel, as this potter does?” declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in my hand, Israel.
• Let go and let God work in your life.
• When you surrender your life to God, you are following His lead without knowing where He’s sending you.
• You’re waiting on God’s timing without knowing when it will come.
• You’re expecting a miracle without knowing what God will provide.
• You’re also trusting God’s purpose without understanding the circumstances.
• You don’t have to always be in charge.
• Instead of trying harder, trust more.
• Ask God to shape your life, your destiny, your purpose.
• God help me to know you
• Help me to totally surrender myself to you, to trust you
• Give me an everlasting desire for the fruits of the spirit.
• God give me an unwavering desire to seek you in prayer.
• Lift my Faith Lord
• Help me to be still and know that you are God.