Day 2:Spiritual Warfare, 3 January
1. The battle is spiritual
- It’s important to understand the nature of the battle
- 1 Samuel 17:45 "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty
- David understood that it was not him vs Goliath
- The believer does not fight in the flesh
- Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places.
- The devil can use people who you don’t expect
- Matthew 16:23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."
2. Pray for God to help you to understand the power that you have as a child of God
- The church has the power to breakdown what the devil puts in our way
- God has guaranteed us victory over the devil
- Matthew 16:18 upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
- The whatever the devil tries , he will lose
- We must not be afraid of anything
- One of the devil’s key weapons is fear
- 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love, and self-control.
- Those who fear God has nothing else to fear
- We must excercise our authority
- We don’t negotiate with the devil , we just declare
- Matthew 18:18 "Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
- People of authority walk in confidence
3. Pray for the ability to use spiritual weapons
- We have powerful weapons
- 2 Cor 10:4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,
- We have spiritual weapons which are better nuclear power
- Major weapons that we have
- Ephesian 6:17 the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God
- Revelations 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb
- James 5:16 The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
- If we don’t use our weapons its not God’s fault
- Psalm 78:9 The warriors of Ephraim, though armed with bows, turned their backs and fled on the day of battle.
- God has equipped us but its our responsibility to use the weapons
4. We must always be prepared for battle
- Watch out for the enemy
- 1 Peter 5:8 Be alert, be on watch! Your enemy, the Devil, roams around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
- The church cannot afford to relax
- Be careful with the desires of the flesh
- Mark 14:38 "Keep watching and praying that you may not come into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
- The devil comes through the flesh
- Ask God to expose the plan of the devil
- Matthew 2:12 And having been warned in a dream not to go back to Herod, they returned to their country by another route.
- May God frustrate every plot that is worked against you .