Day 3: Your Story Must Change , 4 January
1. Good decisions will change your life
- Avoid regrettable decisions
- Luke 15:17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death!
- Don’t keep toxic relationships
- 1 Cor 15:33 Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."
- Beware of short term benefits
- Gen 25:34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and lentil stew, and he ate and drank and rose and went his way. Thus Esau despised his birthright.
2. Self-discipline will produce desired results
- Disciplined people achieve their goals
- Hebrews 12:2 Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.
- Control your body instead of being controlled by your body
- 1 Cor 9:27 I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should.
- Discipline will help you live by the principles of God
- If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us c from Your Majesty’s hand. 18But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.”
3. Pray for victory over your challenges
- Refuse to allow the past to limit you
- 1 Chronicles 4: 9-10 Now Jabez was more honourable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “Because I bore him in pain.” 10And Jabez called out to the God of Israel, “If only You would bless me and enlarge my territory! May Your hand be with me and keep me from harm, so that I will be free from pain.” And God granted the request of Jabez.
- Believe that God can change any situation
- Jer 32:27 "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?
- Don’t lose hope
- Ezekiel 37:4 Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the LORD!
4. Pray for God to Change your experiences
- Pray for God to turn bad situations into good situations
- Isaiah 61:3 to give them a crown of beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, and a garment of praise for a spirit of despair.
- Believe that bad experiences are for last for a short period
- Psalm 30:5 weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
- Believe that its never too late for God to change things
Romans 4:19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead.